6 years ago
Monday, November 1, 2010
Mommy has a Mummy
I was instructed by my mom that this event had to be documented even though I'm still a little scarred by it. I had decided that Trick or Treat Street was the perfect Halloween event for Eeva since she is only one and not quite understanding Halloween. So with most things I didn't think about her costume until the night before, and since I would be at work all day the next day and wasn't going to dish out $30-$50 for a costume that would be worn for 2 hours I needed to come up with something using what I had at home. White Sheet-check. Okay, a mummy it is. So my mom and I went to work gluing sheet strips to a onesie and a pair of pants. So one movie later we had a mummy costume. Advice: Make your costume twice the size of your child. Of course, I wait until I'm at work and ready to leave to put Eeva in her costume. So as we start with the onesie, I get a sinking in my stomach. IT'S NOT GOING TO FIT!!! Well, I was not about to give up. So for a half and hour of Eeva screaming and me crying about putting my poor child through this for a stupid costume, we got it on. Note: I had to cut all the way up the side into the armpit and sleeve to get it on, but in the end we had a mummy. So, now we could get some good pictures for Daddy who was the main reason I kept torching my child to get it on. In the end, she seems warm and comfortable and enjoyed her first trick or treating. Lesson Learned


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a darling mummy. You really did do a good job on it. Looks like you and your mom had a great time with your little one. Hope your feeling goodand your hubby is doing great too.
thats really cute Misty. You did an awesome job. I couldn't think of anything for my 3 month old,so i just put her in a camo outfit and called it good. If you'd like to be invited to my blog let me know. mapshap@msn.com
I love looking at yours and your families. You daughter is darling. If you see Joe please tell him hi for me. We were really good friends in high school.
To comment on ALL of it - Eeva's gorgeous. Of course, how could she not be, with such a beautiful family? Looking forward to pics of the new arrival (due Feb? right?) xoxo Serena
Post a Comment