Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving All!!

Wow, has it been a crazy two weeks. A few months ago my boss asked if I would come out with his family to California for Thanksgiving. Well, Vernon was working until Thanksgiving day so why not, I thought. I agreed to it as long as he flew Vernon out after his shift for the last few days we were supposed to be there. So, I frantically tried to finish my classes before we left, and I did. (98% in one class and 97% in the other, yes I'm bragging) We left on Nov 21 on their private jet for California. We spent most of time going between his two homes, and private golf and tennis lessons for his grandsons. I spent most of my time in a golf cart driving them around the country club. I've never had such a relaxing work trip in my whole life. There are a bunch of other crazy things that I got to witness first hand, but I won't bore you. Needless to say, my arm is bruise from pinching myself so much to stay in reality. I left for Riverside on Thursday to spend the weekend with Vernon's family. Vernon finally flew in Friday afternoon after a frustrating day of missing flights. I shopped my first Black Friday. Yikes!! We got to meet Byron's girlfriend, what a cutie. After a great weekend with the Richmonds we drove back up to Palm Spring to fly home on the jet. My boss had a little negotiation with Vernon to try to get us to stay in Texas, but it didn't work. And for those of you who don't know, we are moving to Utah the day after Christmas!!! Yahoo!!!

For anyone who has a couple million to spare, private jets are definitely the ultimate in travel.

11 comments:

Jay and Camille said...

Wow, what do you do? I may be willing to relocate to Texas for that job!

Natalie♥ said...

How fun Misty!! You are moving to Utah??? That is awesome!! A little closer to home, I bet you are excited. You and Vernon look so cute in that picture, you make a cute couple :)

Heidi Bitsch said...

Wow, sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving! Why are you moving to Utah?

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Thanksgiving! Sounds like you had fun!!

Melissa said...

I wish he could have convinced you to stay =( We'll miss y'all so much. Glad it was a nice trip.

DanceFamily said...

Okay, does he want to hire me after you leave? I could totally do that job~

Lara said...

yeah! i didn't even know you were moving to utah! How exciting. If you are settling somewhere along the wasatch front, let us know and we can help you move in!

Jessica said...

How fun! I'll bet that will be a hard job to leave. You guys are moving to SLC right?

Robert and Lisa said...

Totally jealous! It might be harder giving up that job than you thought :) I'm so happy for you that you get to move to Utah. Where are you moving to and what are your plans?

Robyn said...

Misty how great for the two of you. Will Vernon be teaching in one of the helicopter schools or maybe be a med pilot?///Good luck to both of you.

steve said...

MISTY! stalkers are cool....